Learn More About Bans on Abortion
Arkansas. Kentucky. Mississippi. Utah. Ohio. Georgia. Alabama. Missouri. Louisiana.
As of June 1st, these nine states have passed legislation designed to severely limit and/or outright ban access to abortion care. In addition to directly criminalizing what is fundamentally health care as well as preventing access to a cornerstone of reproductive rights, these bills are also an attempt to chip away at Roe v. Wade via the U.S. Supreme Court.
One way to become an even more effective advocate for accessible abortion care - for example, when talking to friends and family or calling your representatives - is to take some time to learn more about abortion bans, Roe v. Wade, and the the history of abortion access in the United States. Here are a few links to get you started:
- Abortion Access (NARAL)
- Abortion Bans: The Facts (National Organization for Women)
- Roe v. Wade (The History Channel)
- Roe v. Wade: The Constitutional Right to Access Safe, Legal Abortion (Planned Parenthood Action)
- Roe v. Wade Fast Facts (CNN)
- Six Week Bans (Planned Parenthood Action)
- Timeline of Attacks on Abortion (Planned Parenthood Action)
- What If Roe Fell (Center for Reproductive Rights)